|Vector Graphics by Vecteezy.com|
February!! I’m excited for this month. There’s Valentine’s Day and love and also El Husbando and I share another little anniversary because we celebrate every little milestone.
I’ve talked about Beerocrats TV before. We produce shows weekly and most episodes are shot from the waist up. As I continue to grow my Me Made wardrobe, I want to start focusing on clothes to wear for filming. That means tops and blouses. SWAP will definitely help me get there, since I have 5 tops on that. But I’ll definitely be focusing more on tops throughout the year, as I don’t want to repeat clothes on the YouTube channel (though I’ve worn the Spanish Loretta twice).
This month I really want to sew ALL THE WARM THINGS because winter doesn’t last long here and I want to enjoy some me made sweaters and stuff. (Though it’s currently 80 degrees today.) Hopefully it will be a little cooler when we film next.
The Signature Color of the Month is inspired by the February birthstone: amethyst. This lines up nicely with Pantone’s Color of the Year: ultraviolet. Their Instagram is full of color inspiration for this. So that will guide some of my color choices for the below.
The contests and challenges list I’m considering is:
- #curvyyearofsewing: this month’s prompt is still pants. I’m working on a pair from my SWAP/#2018makenine, so yay.
- #dayandnightdresschallenge: I have one of the two dresses done, just need to figure out the cocktail one…will it be purple though?
- Sew Along on Facebook: this month’s theme is intimate. So, purple undies? Not sure any of my fabrics are appropriate but I have a couple of boy shorts I want to copy so we’ll see.
- #menswearmakenine: Ryan is getting a Finlayson and hopefully in time for either our date-iversary this weekend (our first date was the night before the Super Bowl), or Valentine’s or whatever
- MAGAM Sewalong: which of these garments will I commit to Make a Garment a Month?
- Chambray Blues Sew Along is featuring McCalls 7535 which could become my Night dress. At least I know my go to size in McCalls.
- #2018SVE: is the Secret Valentine Exchange and I’m almost done with my gift!!
- 52 Weeks of Sewing: this first one directly conflicts with my intention to make purple things, BUT I have a red/pink/purple fabric I might use…
- Week 6: Sew something Red or Pink
- Week 7: Sew something with hearts
- Week 8: Sew something upcycled
- Week 9: Sew something with buttons
- #sew100in2018: if I complete all of the above I should be able to hit another month towards the 100 things!
Other potential makes: a yoga skirt I messed up last month using the wrong fabric, maybe a jacket instead of my original plan for a cardigan for SWAP, a turtleneck, and finally, I should really get to that damn black Saunio I’ve been writing about nearly since the birth of this blog.
And now there’s just 28 days to make it happen!