I gave myself some lofty goals for January. I was super excited for the new year, and that added to my ambitions.
And I’m proud to say I’ve met most of my goals!
- SWAP cardigan and skirt: Accomplished…but they both turned into non-wearable muslins due to all kinds of issues. I actually made the cardigan TWICE. Both suck. Sadz. And also this happened while trying to serge the cardi:
But I ALSO snuck in another muslin and a finished version of the vintage blouse! FINALLY! For something with a whole TWO seams, this one was pretty challenging. Post coming soon.
- The 52 Week Challenges were
- Week 1- Sew something warm/soft: accomplished! The blue plaid cape tested my pattern matching skills.
- Week 2 – Sew from the last fabric you’ve purchased: accomplished! That fur cape is delicious. And so very Game of Thrones-y.
- Week 3 – Sew something to make sewing easier: accomplished! I made a sewing mat/organizer from the leftover faux leather I used for El Husbando’s Xmas gift.
- Week 4 – Sew something for a boy: accomplished! Ryan got some joggers. Sexy.
- Week 5 – Sew something from a new pattern: accomplished! Trying to decide if this is going to be a new red dress or the Finlayson I actually completed on Feb 2…
- Sew Alongs: accomplished! Well at least two out of three ain’t bad. I entered both capes into the January contest. The cardi couldn’t be submitted because it sucked. See above.
- #MenswearMakeNine: accomplished! Ryan got his joggers—yay for double duty wins! Check out that fabulous serging!
- Another pair of the Sew Caroline Boardwalk Shorts. They’re a muslin because they’re out of the same awful scratchy wool as the blue plaid cape, and I just wanted to test the changes I made to the crotch, but this didn’t work out.
I can’t find the damn seam allowance informationCaroline confirmed on Instagram that the seam allowance is indeed 1/2″ and I thought I sewed it up at 1/2″ but they’re actually bigger than my last pair, so I don’t know what the hell to do about them.
- My own joggers/circus pants in red sugar skull fleece. So warm! Also my first #curvyyearofsewing make.
- The muslin for another SWAP pattern, the cigarette pants. These made it into the #makeamuslinchallenge but damn do I have a lot of work to do on those.